Electric Car Fire
The next door neighbor saw the smoke coming from the parked car in the driveway. He immediately called the fire department and then informed his neighbor of the situation. Paul, the car owner was charging his electric vehicle when it caught on fire. The fire department extinguished the flames but the fire caused a mess. The vehicle was charred and ruined, the driveway was filled with debris from the fire and a white powdery substance could be seen on the driveway. The owner’s second floor condo had a foul odor and there was light soot throughout the unit. The owner of the first floor complained of the odor and she had heavy soot in her unit.
The fire department suggested Paul call SERVPRO of to help him with the cleanup. Paul called SERVPRO of Cambridge/Belmont (617) 864 -7378 to assist him with the cleanup. The SERVPRO crew went right to work. They cleaned and pressure washed the driveway, installed Air Scrubbers with charcoal filters to eliminate the odors and cleaned the entire structure and contents of the condominium.
If you have a fire or have soot damage, please call SERVPRO of Cambridge/Belmont to assist you.