Professional duct cleaning services use specialized blowers, vacuums, and brushes to clean out the supply, intake, and return ducts throughout your home. Duct cleaning should also involve a thorough cleaning of the air handler, registers, grilles, fans, motors, housings, and coils of the HVAC system.The National Air Duct Cleaners Association recommends getting your air ducts cleaned every three to five years.
5 benefits of having your ducts cleaned are it creates a cleaner living environment, reduces allergens and irritants, helps everyone breathe easier and removes unpleasant smells and odors and improves air flow efficiency.
Frequency of cleaning depends on several factors, not the least of which is the preference of the home owner. Some of the things that may lead a home owner to consider more frequent cleaning include:
- Smokers in the household
- Pets that shed high amounts of hair and dander
- Water contamination or damage to the home or HVAC system
- Residents with allergies or asthma who might benefit from a reduction in the amount of indoor air pollutants in the home’s HVAC system
- After home renovations or remodeling
- Prior to occupancy of a new home.
Please call SERVPRO of Cambridge/Belmont to assist you with your duct cleaning needs (617) 864-7378