Why Even Small Fires Benefit from SERVPRO Restoration
Cambridge Fire Damage Restoration Available 24/7
While a small flare-up in a Cambridge home may only leave light soot and soils, these can prove challenging to address with consumer-grade cleaning solutions. Even worse, attempting to clean these deposits can spread stains and soot particles. Even when it seems like the damage should be minimal, fire and smoke damage can seep into nooks and crannies, finishes, and HVAC systems with relative ease.
SERVPRO fire damage technicians help Cambridge properties return to a clean, odor-free condition after a disaster. This crew remediates debris, stains, and odors with industrial-grade tools to restoration industry standards, whether the source is a small kitchen fire or a large-scale conflagration.
Why is Professional Cleanup for Fire Damage Necessary?
Fire restoration companies are necessary for multiple reasons:
- Technicians complete training from the IICRC and SERVPRO to understand the intricacies of fire damage, including how soot particles spread and react to various materials and stimuli. This understanding allows them to remove fire damage more effectively.
- Professionals like those at SERVPRO can also render emergency services like packouts, debris removal, and board-ups for damaged windows and doors. Roof tarping services are also available for homes with damaged roofing
- Restoration professionals can help homeowners with their insurance claims by providing such evidence as a photo or video documentation of damaged items, detailed inventory lists, and cost estimates for necessary repairs related to the disaster in question
If a small flare-up occurs, douse it with an extinguisher, baking soda, or salt. Water is not recommended for fires involving oils or fats because it can spread flames. Fires can spread quickly and cause thousands of dollars of damage within just a few minutes. If the disaster proves too large to handle, focus on ensuring home occupants are safe and call emergency services to control the flames. Before an emergency occurs, consider putting necessary paperwork, including insurance information, somewhere easy to reach safely before exiting the property.
After the fire has been addressed, homeowners should contact insurers immediately to start the claims filing process. It is typically unnecessary to wait to begin repairs until an adjuster has evaluated the property, which means homeowners can contact restoration specialists like SERVPRO to inspect and give estimates for cleanup. Depending on the scale of the damage, homeowners may be able to stay at the property. However, insurance may cover hotel accommodations for large-scale damages depending on the policy's terms.
SERVPRO Fire Cleanup Tools Remove Smoke Stains and Odors
Fire and smoke damage restoration by SERVPRO is available for small and large disasters alike, 24 hours a day. This responsiveness minimizes potential damage to structures and contents and can save homeowners significantly on repair and replacement expenses.
Cleanup services may include the following:
- Manual cleanup of lighter, dry soils with dry cleaning sponges, agitation tools, dust cloths, or gentle EPA-registered detergents
- Heavy-duty cleaning with such methods as immersion, abrasion blasting, or ultrasonic cleaners
- Thermal fogging releases dry solvents in a cloud of thick smoke to chemically bind to and eliminate odor-causing particles
SERVPRO can also perform water damage mitigation for homes that require emergency fire suppression. This mitigation process protects the property from potential mold growth and corrosion caused by corrosive soot exposed to water. After cleanup is finished, this crew can also perform necessary rebuilding and move-back services for structures and contents.
Residents can contact the SERVPRO of Cambridge / Belmont team at (617) 864-7378. Our commitment to cleanup ensures that homes are successfully restored in full, "Like it never even happened."