Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold is one of the more underrated threats to a home or business, and in some cases, a property owner might not recognize the problem exists until it has spread out of control. Damp environments allow naturally-occurring mold spores to form colonies on surfaces of wet organic matter, eventually deteriorating these elements and spreading to new construction materials.
The Advantage of Mold Inspections
Mold inspections are important for cleaning up after these microbial growths in your residence. Understanding the impacted hosting materials and the location of colonies will focus remediation efforts to come and allow SERVPRO professionals to better understand where containment is beneficial.
How Does Mold Remediation Occur
Remediation is far from a one-size-fits-all solution for effective microbial colony removal. The first strategy is the removal of the surface mold with cleaning products like antimicrobial or sporicidal agents. Removal can also include the application of abrasives, such as media blasting with sodium bicarbonate or dry ice. SERVPRO is qualified to help many needs of your home after mold gets discovered, such as:
- Attic mold removal
- Bathroom mold cleanup
- Black mold damage repairs
- Basement mold remediation
Effectively Removing Mold Malodors
Volatile organic compounds create musty smells that often signal the production of active mold colonies. Even after the removal of these active organisms, the malodor still remains in part to challenge comfortable living conditions. SERVPRO professionals must utilize deodorization products and masking agents to overcome these offensive odors.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (617) 864-7378
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Cambridge / Belmont?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (617) 864-7378
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Cambridge / Belmont is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Cambridge community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 2100 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.