If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (617) 864-7378

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Case Study - Mold growth caused by a hidden leaky pipe

6/13/2017 (Permalink)

Mold growth on Living Room Wall

A homeowner in Cambridge, MA moved a cabinet in their living room and saw black spots behind the cabinet and also growing on the cabinet. The homeowner called SERVPRO of Cambridge/Belmont to assess the situation.  The SERVPRO technicians using a moisture meter discovered the wall and ceiling were both wet.  The technicians went upstairs to the room above the living room to determine the source of the water.  The room above was a bathroom, the technicians using the moisture meter, discovered the bathroom vanity was wet. SERVPRO of Cambridge/Belmont’s technicians removed the wall and found an old leaky pipe that had probably been dripping for a long period of time causing the mold growth in the living room.

 Mildew and molds are fungi - simple microscopic organisms that thrive anywhere there is a moist environment. Molds are a necessary part of the environment; without them, leaves would not decay and aspects of soil enrichment could not take place. It is their ability to destroy organic materials, however, that makes mold a problem for people - in our homes and in our bodies.

If you think you have a mold issue, call SERVPRO of Cambridge/Belmont (617) 864-74378 to assist you

Other News

View Recent Posts