If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (617) 864-7378

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Don't Overload Your Outlets!

8/11/2020 (Permalink)

fire damage to extension cord Make sure you check circuits so they are not overloaded

Overloaded circuits are one of the leading cause of fires in homes. It can be as simple as an overloaded outlet! There is too much energy which the conductor does not have the capacity to disperse. The energy build up converts to heat. The heat build up with the static from the electricity cause fire to ignite. 

If a fire starts in your home due to an overloaded circuit do not try to handle the fire on your own as you can risk electrocution. Instead, call 911 and get yourself and your family to a safe place. Once the fire has been put out call your insurance company and a remediation company like us to help get your home back to pre loss condition.

We are always here to help in the event of a fire in your home or commercial space. We offer local support and expertise 24/7 to ensure you are taken care of! Give SERVPRO Cambridge/Belmont a call at 617- 864-7378.

Other News

View Recent Posts