SERVPRO Fire Restoration Mitigates Soot and Proteins
Professional Fire Cleanup for Cambridge Kitchens
Kitchens are by far the most common source of fire damage restoration in Cambridge, accounting for as many as half of reported cases and nearly half of estimated unreported incidents. High temperatures and smoke create chemical changes that can contaminate food while spreading soot particles and other soils throughout nooks and crannies in a Cambridge property.
SERVPRO fire restoration technicians respond to calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to mitigate soils and restore structures and belongings. Cleanup services address soot, protein residues, and fire-related odors. They include HVAC inspections to minimize the risk of spreading smoke particles during cleanup.
Mitigating Fire Soils and Proteins with SERVPRO Solutions
Fire damage soils, especially those from "wet" smoke associated with oils and plastics, are difficult for homeowners to remediate. SERVPRO has a multitude of solutions for these soils, as well as the filmy, odorous residues left behind by burnt proteins such as meat and fish:
- Enzyme digesters consume protein residues and convert them into the water-soluble matter for simultaneous cleaning and deodorizing
- Specialized detergents that are either hydrophilic or lipophilic can target soils for successful emulsification of wet smoke
- EPA-registered, OSHA-approved solvents are usable for soils that are more difficult to clean and also provide odor control when dispensed through a thermal fogger
- Light, dry soils on kitchen walls and fixtures are often removable with light detergents or manual cleaning agents like dry cleaning sponges
- Metals and appliances are also often restorable after enduring fire damage
Residents can call SERVPRO of Cambridge / Belmont at (617) 864-7378. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster and serve the community with emergency-response inspection and restoration services.